Premises Liability

Albany & Saratoga Springs Slip-and-Fall and Trip-and-Fall Attorneys

Slipping on a wet floor or icy sidewalk, falling down a set of crumbling steps or tripping over an exposed pipe or other defect can all lead to painful injuries. If you were hurt in an accident on another person's property, and the accident was caused by the negligence of the property owner, the personal injury attorneys at DeGraff, Foy & Kunz, LLP may be able to help you obtain compensation for your accident-related harms and losses.

Premises Liability is an area of the law involving the legal responsibility of property owners to keep their premises reasonably safe for the public. If they fail to do so, and someone is hurt as a result of their negligence, the property owners can be required to compensate the victim for damages, including pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, rehabilitative costs and other losses related to the accident.

To prevail in a premises liability case, we must prove that:

  • A dangerous condition existed on the property
  • The dangerous condition caused you to sustain an injury
  • The property owner or manager knew or should have known about the dangerous condition
  • Despite this knowledge, they did nothing to correct the situation.

David F. Kunz and George J. Szary are this firm's personal injury attorneys. We represent clients injured in all kinds of premises liability claims, including those involving:

  • Slip-and-fall accidents in stores, restaurants, parking lots and other public places
  • Injuries due to inadequate security or lighting
  • Elevator or escalator accidents
  • Amusement park accidents
  • Falls on icy or snowy sidewalks, parking lots and ramps
  • Falls caused by broken railings on decks and balconies

We have over 90 years of combined experience fighting for the rights of those injured by someone else's negligence, including victims of premises liability accidents. We continue fighting in the proud tradition of the DeGraff Foy litigators who came before us. We are ready to fight for you. If you'd like to talk with us about a potential case, call us at 518-462-5300, or email an inquiry to Please do not delay; you could lose your right to compensation: If you were injured on a property owned by a government entity, for example, you may have as little as 90 days to give notice of your intent to file a claim.